Italian sprinter Daniele Bennati celebrates his second stage victory.
Contador and Hincapie sip champagne on the way to Paris.
Evans, Contador and Leipheimer on the final podium in Paris.
The Discovery Channel squads celebrates their first ever team classification.
"It was long and hard for me to conquer. The 200 metres were so long over the cobbles but I had a huge sprint."
Not only did Contador take home the prize of best overall rider after 3,569.9 kilometres of racing but also he showed he will be around for a few years by winning the maillot blanc of the best young rider. The next best rider was Soler at 16 minutes back. Bruyneel suggested before the Tour started that he should go for the young rider classification but he proved that he was out for more with his response.
1. Alberto aContador (Sp), Discovery Channel, 91:00:26
4. Thor Hushovd (N), Crédit Agricole, 186
5. Sébastien Chavanel (F), Française des Jeux, 181
1. Juan Mauricio Soler Hernandez (Col), Barloworld, 206 pts
2. Alberto Contador (Sp), Discovery Channel, 128
3. Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr), Discovery Channel, 104
4. Cadel Evans (Aus), Predictor-Lotto, 92
5. Laurent Lefevre (F), Bouygues Telecom, 85
1. Discovery Channel , 273:12:52
2. Caisse d'Epargne, at 19:36
3. CSC, 22:10
4. Rabobank, 36:24
5. Euskaltel-Euskadi, at 46:46
Best young rider
1. Alberto Contador (Sp), Discovery Channel, 91:00:26
2. Mauricio Soler (Col), Barloworld, at 16:51
3. Amets Txurruka (Sp), Euskaltel-Euskadi, at 49:34
4. Bernhard Kohl (A), Gerolsteiner, at 1:13:27
5. Kanstantsin Siutsou (Blr), Barloworld, at 1:15:16